Tuesday, March 10, 2009

still cold--------hot recipe

  • we feel like we are in a deep freeze-
  • the house has that chill to it----------
  • and feels dry but cold
  • we have a kettle of water
  • to bubble out some slow steam
  • to keep some moister in the air
  • I did not get much done today
  • played hooky but dishes are done
  • found this neat toss casserole which is
  • adjustable to your family--
  • also have this recipe ready to go tomorrow
  • ********************************************

2 pounds of ground beef- cook- and drain

1 cup macaroni' - any shape you like- cook

1 cup grated cheddar cheese-

1 can of tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce- about 2 and 1/4 cups( when ever I find

that I am short an ounce or so of sauce I add water to make the correct amount of liquid)

and/ or ----1 cup of left over cooked veggies

and /or ---- 1 pepper diced- semi cook in pan you cooked hamburger in

onions are optional - cook same as pepper

salt and pepper to taste- I use about 1/2 teaspoon of each

-let all cool for 15 minutes and then mix everything together

place in greased casserole dish-and refrigerate

tomorrow night bake in 350F oven for 45 minutes-

- you can adjust the amounts of any ingredients to make a size that fits you house hold plus using your choice of veggies- I have made with out the options also

I like this recipe as it is a make a head and just needs to bake- a neat thing to have if around-

if you are expecting a busy day out- it is so much less expensive than eating out and the baking time takes no longer than service in a cafe- you can serve a salad and you are set to stay home.

hugs from Meme

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. With the weather you are having, it is nice to have something ready to pop in the oven and enjoy a warm meal. I bet crusty rolls would be good with this. Enjoy your day and stay warm!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I know the sun is on its way to you...our mornings and evenings are getting cooler and darker now that Autumn is well and truly on its way...Dzintra

Jess said...

Great recipe......Hope all is well with you and that you have a great rest of the week

love, Jess

Cyndi said...

So it's still cold there too.I wonder when this long winter will ever be over.It was still -40 with the windchill this morning.Has it been that cold in Alberta? I have barely had time to watch the weather forcast lately so I haven't watched any national forcasts.I did see that it looks alot nicer soon...I just hope it keeps warming up,I can't stand it too much longer.brrrrr
Cyndi