Sunday, March 15, 2009

fire in our town

  • part of our down town is on fire
  • I walked down to see what is.......
  • I should not be out
  • as Meme is sick and
  • really should be in her room
  • if not in her bed........
  • but down town is special
  • to me as that is where
  • I met dear hubby
  • the fire is on the same side
  • and two doors down
  • from our cafe.......
  • the buildings are older
  • than me and connected together
  • so we may lose more and they are
  • part of our history
  • is going up in smoke
  • it reminds me of what
  • the Lord tells us
  • that there is a time for everything
  • and although this is sad
  • as far as we know there are no
  • lost lives- there were apartments
  • up above so homes are burning too
  • the fire is about 5 blocks away
  • from our home
  • it is cold here- below freezing
  • but no wind
  • Meme must be off now
  • and have a simple quiet evening now
  • the Miss Ashley is here
  • to keep Meme in line --LOL
  • hugs from Meme

3 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my, I hope everything was ok after the fire!

Jess said...

Hope everything is ok... let us know how your cafe and home faired.

Have a great week
Love, Jess

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I hope everything is all right there now and the fire is over with no loss of life. My thoughts and prayers are with you...Dzintra