Monday, December 29, 2008
see that these are thoroughly cleansed from all old memories of bitterness, rancor, hate, and jealousy.
Cut these months into 30 or 31 equal parts.
Prepare one day at a time as follows:
Into each day, put 12 parts of faith, 11 of patience, 10 of courage, nine of work (some people omit this ingredient and spoil the flavor of the rest), eight of hope, seven of fidelity, six of open-mindedness, five of kindness, four of rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil out of the salad-don't do it), three of prayer, two of meditation, and one of well-selected resolution.
If you have no conscientious scruples, add a teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.
Pour love liberally into the whole, and mix with vim. Cook thoroughly in a fervent heat. Garnish with a few smiles and a sprig of joy; then serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheerfulness-and a Happy New Year is a certainty.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
- Getting behind with my blog and tales
- today was warmer here in cold Alberta
- we got up to minus 8C with the wind chill of minus 15C
- I did go for my walk
- Meme's Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup shortening-
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- I tablespoon milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped (fine) walnuts
- or I have also used chopped almonds-
- cream shortening and sugar--add eggs, milk, mashed bananas and vanilla, add flour, soda, and salt- Mix well and add nuts - finish mixing and put in a greased loaf pan for about 1 hour at 325F. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan= when cool you can slice and freeze slices for bag lunches etc- they will be thawed in time for lunch.
- huggles Meme
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
- Peeking in for a moment just to say I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS
- I am fine but on the busy side due to sewer problems
- which are now fixed
- had a nice day here but still very cold
- however the wind has stopped blowing
- I will send a note tomorrow unless I get lost in a snow drift
- take care of each other
- hug some one today
- the best gift you can give is ''your self-
- blessings from Meme
Saturday, December 20, 2008
but just busy staying warm in our very minus temperatures
Alberta is cold all over
and I lost a day in time
but now I am here- trying to come up with a story
I have not finished shopping yet and now it may be too cold --LOL
maybe on Monday I will stroll the streets and check out some of our little stores
I miss papa taking me to the city but I do not miss the long lines and the traffic jams
yesterday I popped into one of our stores and our line up was only 3 people long
that is my kind of line up-
it is true that we do not have everything here but we have what one really needs
yesterday was also the anniversary day to hear that papa david had terminal cancer --one year ago on December 19
terminal is a big word when added to cancer
it takes a lot of hope out of the equation
but we still had some hope and we kept the faith
I am not happy with the outcome - I miss him so much
and I have the realization that he will not walk in the door again
on on this earth
I also have the comfort of knowing that he is with the Lord
and what ever and how ever the Lord has all things planned
I know that I will see him again
but oh how much I miss him here
the weather is a damper on my spirits as I become a shut in
as with the wind chill it is too cold to walk far
but spring is coming under all the snow
it is sleeping but will return again
take care and Meme will pay more attention to her wonderings
and make sure I check in sooner than later
thank you for your comments
they help me
there is a couple of blogs that I have trouble leaving a message at ??
not sure why- but I do read and think and pray for you
huggles me, Meme who is cold ====
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- I have been busy and cold and speechless
- here we are getting very cold temps with strong winds
- so this old house and this old woman are/is cold
- and I have just not been able to get to the net
- until later in the evening
- so I run out of time to report in
- I am ok and making my way through
- the season ok- I have not done the shopping yet
- but as it will only be in this little town
- it is ok to wait
- no wild cities for me this year
- if I take time I can manage to find
- some very good things
- here at prices with in reason and have
- no gas money expenses
- take care and Meme will call in soon
- huggles from a very cold Alberta-
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Joy comes in the little things we are blessed with each day. Joy moves beyond being happy. Joy is the peace of understanding that God is love- Joy comes in small surprise packages each day. All we have to do is --open'' them.
I found this poem while cleaning and I wanted to share it with you:'
'Dear God, please give to meA thankful heart for little things-
For sunshine on my kitchen floor
For news the postman brings;
For memories in the making,
Things the children say and do,
That I will smile about, perhapsSome future quiet day.
Grant me appreciation
Of the small joys that are mine-
The special birthday parties,
My honeysuckle vine;
The clean, fresh smellOf clothes just washed;
The ivy on my wall,
The children's thrilled delight
To wake and find the first snowfall.
For robins in the springtime,
And autumn's crispy weather-
For leaves that crunch,
Friends in for lunch
And laughter shared together.
Give me enthusiasm
To greet each brand new day
With honest joy in livingAs I go my simple way;
Let me love the little things
and thank our Father when I pray.
Mexicali Beef Stew
2 pounds beef stew meat,
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 large onion chopped(optional)
4 cups beef broth
1 cup of medium salsa sauce
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cups chopped potatoes
and1 cup kernel corn(frozen but let thaw)
2 cups diced canned tomatoes(drain but save juice_)
2 teaspoons chili powder
dash of pepper------
Heat oil in dutch oven and add meat and onion.
Brown meat evenly and- Stir in broth and sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for approx. 2 hours-
or oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours
Add carrots, corn and potatoes - cover and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
stir in tomatoes and heat through.
Thicken with 4 teaspoons of cornstarch and tomato juice.
Stir and heat for 5 minutes.--------------------
Huggles me, Marilyn Christine (Meme)
'Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.' --
Friday, December 5, 2008
- it is snowing and everything looks so clean outside
- Dogman ran out and made tracks all over the balcony
- it is warm enough for him to like the snow
- shut the door on my finger today and
- ouch- it still hurts --(cheese please )
- I had to clean my room again as I could not get into
- bed with all my books
- I tend to read and use different bibles
- and then tuck them in too but after
- awhile they add up along with other
- book reading== maybe it is a small way for me
- to cuddle papa David right now
- I love books and he loved that I loved books
- he learned to read after we were married
- as it was the best method for understanding me--LOL
- someday when I meet papa again I will also meet
- our Shepherd in person and I want to touch his scars
- that He obtained so that I through Him I can
- be with papa hubby again-
- cherish today
- huggles me, Meme
Thursday, December 4, 2008
We did not
put our tree up until the close to December 24.
Daddy would go out into our grove of trees where we had a both of poplar and spruce trees.
Trees were needed on the farm as they not only served as a wind break but they were our source of our heat. We did not cut down trees-unnecessarily or carelessly. They were too important to our way of live. All the trees had a job to do. Daddy never picked a perfect tree that would grow high and strong- He would find a small tree that was weak and perhaps only had a few branches on one side but filled on the front side. The back side did not matter as it did not show in the corner when it was decorated.
No matter what tree daddy found it was the most beautiful tree in our eyes as a child' No matter how imperfect it was to others it was perfect to us. Daddy choose the imperfect tree knowing that we would love and enjoy our Christmas tree .
He knew that even if it was small and weak we could still use it for decorating and sharing gifts around. When the tree was done bringing us Christmas joy we put it in our front yard where the rest of the winter it served as a bird feeder. Next fall when it had dried and shed its needles it was used for fire wood. That tree was useful in many ways.
Jesus accepted me in my imperfect ways and loved me while I was still a sinner. He did not choose me for my perfections. To Him I was beautiful and worthy to used. He did not throw me a way because I was not perfect. He decorated me with his Love and Peace and Joy and Hope. I am useful . Maybe you feel weak and broken and of no use. God will not throw you away because you have challenges or problems. We can shine for Jesus even when our back is up against the wall.
"Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received." ~1 Peter 4:10
We can be thankful for whatever imperfections we have. We can perform, in the little things, as a faithful servant to God and others. We can be doers of God's word, not just hearers. Every day brings a new opportunity to be used.
PRAYING IN CANADA
HUGGLES ME, MARILYN CHRISTINE
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
- this is from an old blog I had and I thought I would start bringing most of the material from over there to here- and delete the old blog =so enjoy- this blog was written before dear hubby's cancer so occasionally I may say something about him and I do not want to delete or rewrite the blog posts so bare or is that bear with me--hugs
- Make the bread recipe all the way through to the first rise, punching down and forming the loaves or rolls and placing them in the prepared pans.( I generally remove the dough after it has frozen in order to have the pans free- this is great for buns and beats the store prices=
- Now instead of allowing the dough to make the second rise, wrap it with plastic wrap tightly and place in the freezer.
- When you want to bake, you need to plan ahead .
- Take from freezer, remove the plastic wrap and set out at room temperature to thaw. If not in pans, place in same size pan as loaf- It will take about three hours for the dough to thaw and another hour or more for the dough to reach the desired rise Then just pop it into the preheated oven as directed by your recipe.
- I find the dough keeps well for 3 months- I have only worked with homemade white or brown bread recipes ----
- HUGGLES ME, ( MEME) **PAPA'S WIFE**MARILYN CHRISTINE
- The kindness you spread today will be gathered up and returned to you
Monday, December 1, 2008
http://acupofsimplicity.blogspot.com/ but what I need to know is how do I put someone
elses url into my blog so I can tag someone= sigh- Meme just does not get it=== are there places where a friends url is that I can copy and paste and is that a right and fair thing to do or do I ask the blogger first ??
Meme is lost in blogger--- this is my friend who tagged me
but I copied and pasted from her blog to get this url ==
- I have to come up with 7 things about me that you may not know as I have been tagged ==I will have to be an open book= so here is number 1--sadly I am not too crafty so that will not be number one- so here goes:: I do not drive and never have although I do have a learner's permit but my eyes are too bad for me to be comfortable driving so out of respect for others I made a decision not to drive- it would be nice for me now but I still will not ....
- I love the Lord and made Him my shepherd in 1987 watching a Billy Graham on TV and 3 weeks later my husband committed his life to the Lord at a local church= there is no turning back
- I have helped raise one of my grand daughters who now lives with me although I told her tonight if she brings in more stuff into her room- I will have to put her in storage--LOL--Her name is Miss Ashley
- Most of you will know this part- I became a widow this summer after the angels came and took dear hubby home to Jesus= I miss him but I know that I also rejoice as he is home with his Lord= he signed his checks -Jesus Christ Saves - you can do that in Canada if you go to the bank and sign for a special signature- it was his way of witnessing and yes, he was often asked about his signature and no one refused his checks
- I hate to cook- and baking, even more-- but I will strike out now and then and make something= and no, papa did not die of my cooking--it is ok now for me to make a soft joke about my sweetheart- I can hear him laughing too
- I weigh a bit less than a 100 pounds - and have most of my life- I did get bigger when I was expecting but it has always disappeared but the babies stayed and stayed-----2 daughters who gave me 3 grandchildren each --my health is not good but it is not bad bad either =the Lord is my Shepherd
- I love to read and read and read and also write some- my writing times are off right now but the grief keeps my mind busy yet- I also like to study the bible and can stay awake away past bedtime when I have a good book - and you will notice- I tend to write like a talk and miss out most commas- I color outside the lines :-)
I will have to find out how to tag but for tonight I will just share and then I will be finding out more for you and me from 7 somebodies - this lady tagged me but I do not know if this is the right way to give you her address- Queen of the Armchair aka dzintrastitcheries ==I am going to have to learn how to do the tagging soon