Tuesday, March 3, 2009

the recipe book

  • I bought a recipe book for Miss Ashley last week
  • to put away for her home some day
  • and the last few days I have read
  • the book and the index and according
  • to the title it has 1001 recipes-
  • and I did not find one recipe that
  • I could or would use-LOL
  • sigh
  • it was interesting reading and thankfully
  • was on sale for six dollars
  • I am hoping that she will find better
  • use of the recipes
  • this was one of those gifts where the
  • thought counted for more than the
  • price - Wink-
  • there is a few recipes that I have
  • versions of -- so it did remind
  • of some cooking/bakiing that I have done
  • in the past.......
  • hugs from Meme

3 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I hope to see you there often.

I have found very few cookbooks that I really like. My mother got me one for Christmas that I do like a lot. Of course she knew that already since I was constantly borrowing hers. Ha.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, About ten years ago I sat with Mama and she told me all her favorite recipes through the years and I wrote them down, along with some memories attached to the recipes. I made a pretty little recipe box for my oldest niece and now at 33, she treasures them. Maybe you and Miss Ashley could work on a similar project!

Melanie said...

I haven't found very many "modern" cookbooks that I would use. I still have my faithful "Better Homes and Garden" one with food stains in it. It always has been my friend. Have a lovely day!