Monday, November 24, 2008

stewed

  • today I cooked up a big pot of stew meat with a sauce made with
  • chicken broth( I was out of beef) and tomato soup( and equal water )
  • plus our
  • favorite spices
  • then I made a small stew for supper and enough leftover
  • for tomorrow's dinner and
  • I froze the rest of the stew and sauce=
  • this way we can make up different stews as we feel like
  • this will take care of many meals for the kid and I
  • I find this works better than making the whole stew
  • and freezing and seems to keep fresher-
  • I have done this with chicken also and then have
  • been able to make quick chicken dinners but all different
  • I cannot tell any difference using the chicken broth
  • in place of beef broth
  • I did toss in a teaspoon of instant coffee to darken the color
  • it was an adventure and turned out well
  • I hope that I am helping Miss Ashley learn some things
  • for her future-
  • I know that I can handle a recession as I know how to live
  • in a recession- the young folk don't understand that you can
  • change your life style and still enjoy life----and sometimes
  • a little work beyond a can-opener is fun and a good thing

huggles me, Meme

No comments: