Friday, January 23, 2009

SIMPLICITY is simple?

  • one of the things about simplicity is that it is not easy to start
  • but I know:
  • it has to start in the heart and I do believe
  • that what I/we may think of as simplicity is not what God
  • is wanting to work in my heart.....
  • I did think it would be easy
  • just eat less and use less and buy less and do less
  • but that is not quite how it is turning out for me
  • yes, I do turn out the lights when I leave a room
  • and I try to be ''green''. and many other so on...
  • but I see too that God wants me to start sharing
  • the things that I do have--
  • and not the typical ''drop off of old clothes'' at the
  • thrift store- sigh- I knew it was not going to be
  • that easy-
  • but what then is it that I am to do?
  • I am not sure yet but I know it is cutting into
  • my selfish heart
  • it is so easy to get caught up in what I have
  • and keep it to myself-
  • after all - it is mine- isn't it ?
  • and I did work for it etc etc etc. and
  • some of it holding a memory too ......
  • alas I have to say that I do not know
  • what God is going to ask me to do
  • but I do know that I am going to
  • have to become ''still'' and know
  • that He is God----and He owns the stuff
  • pray with me as I sort this out in my life
  • sigh
  • and I thought a cup of simplicity was going to be simple

hugs Meme

3 comments:

Canarella said...

Oh meme it is all in his hands and I know each day when I do a random act of kindness it is him working thru me it is his hands not mine ....I always say It is in Gods Hand and he will not drop me...God Bless..Lani

Jess said...

He's got the whole world in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands....He's got the WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS!

Keep trusting Him...

Love, Jess

Cyndi said...

Hi meme,thanks for taking the time to look at my blog and leaving me a message.I look forward to getting to know you.Take care,your fellow Canadian,Cyndi