Saturday, October 25, 2008

so much to do

  • lately as I have been busy catching up on last year's chores and this years chores and
  • I am looking forward to limiting what I need to do- because
  • this old gray mare is not what she used to be so I have to
  • will try to find some new systems of doing things and keeping things
  • also freeing my self of stuff so I will have less dusting and
  • cleaning and make some space-
  • to day I turned our coat cupboard into a pantry- with papa gone we have less need of the cupboard to hang coats and I can fit mine into my clothes closet-

I put in two shelves and moved all the canned food , boxes etc there so I do not have to get up

and down so much to find a can of soup or whatever- and the good things is that I can now see what we really have- cupboards down on the floor do not work well for food storage but it was all I had before.......

- now it is a new system for me-- I know that papa would be pleased with the new set up= I found it difficult and yet freeing- I left the hooks in there as now I can hang my non plastic shopping bags and find them easily - now I can start to eliminate plastic bags when shopping-it will also save wear and tear on my legs and back -

it is hard to make changes from the way things were when hubby was here but I also know that he would encourage me to do things to make my life better-he had a servant's heart-

hugs from Meme who will love some new ideas --

2 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you for calling in, I do love it when you visit. I am doing really well thanks Meme, although still no lifting etc for another 6 weeks. We are very happy with our new chair and table. Yes it is a good thinking poem - and it is so true for us as we are raising our daughter with a disability and getting older ... my Hubby has been a real blessing through all this and helping with our daughter. Blessings to you, Dzintra

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Just popped by to see what has been happening. The cupboards are a real chore aren't they. You no sooner get it all organised and you find another little job to start. Take Care
Andrea:)