Saturday, December 6, 2008

oldie from april 2007 plus recipe

A CUP OF JOY--#5
Joy comes in the little things we are blessed with each day. Joy moves beyond being happy. Joy is the peace of understanding that God is love- Joy comes in small surprise packages each day. All we have to do is --open'' them.
I found this poem while cleaning and I wanted to share it with you:'

LITTLE THINGS
'Dear God, please give to meA thankful heart for little things-
For sunshine on my kitchen floor
For news the postman brings;
For memories in the making,
Things the children say and do,
That I will smile about, perhapsSome future quiet day.
Grant me appreciation
Of the small joys that are mine-
The special birthday parties,
My honeysuckle vine;
The clean, fresh smellOf clothes just washed;
The ivy on my wall,
The children's thrilled delight
To wake and find the first snowfall.
For robins in the springtime,
And autumn's crispy weather-
For leaves that crunch,
Friends in for lunch
And laughter shared together.
Give me enthusiasm
To greet each brand new day
With honest joy in livingAs I go my simple way;
Let me love the little things
and thank our Father when I pray.
----------------------------------------------------------------
---Joy Recipe:

Mexicali Beef Stew
2 pounds beef stew meat,
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 large onion chopped(optional)
4 cups beef broth
1 cup of medium salsa sauce
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cups chopped potatoes
and1 cup kernel corn(frozen but let thaw)
2 cups diced canned tomatoes(drain but save juice_)
2 teaspoons chili powder
dash of pepper------
Heat oil in dutch oven and add meat and onion.
Brown meat evenly and- Stir in broth and sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for approx. 2 hours-
or oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours
Add carrots, corn and potatoes - cover and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
Drain and
stir in tomatoes and heat through.
Thicken with 4 teaspoons of cornstarch and tomato juice.
Stir and heat for 5 minutes.--------------------

Huggles me, Marilyn Christine (Meme)
'Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.' --

No comments: