Sunday, December 28, 2008

MEME SLIPPING IN ......with Recipe

  • Getting behind with my blog and tales
  • today was warmer here in cold Alberta
  • we got up to minus 8C with the wind chill of minus 15C
  • I did go for my walk
  • Meme's Banana Bread
  • -------------------------
  • 1/2 cup shortening-
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • I tablespoon milk or cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 mashed ripe bananas
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped (fine) walnuts
  • or I have also used chopped almonds-
  • cream shortening and sugar--add eggs, milk, mashed bananas and vanilla, add flour, soda, and salt- Mix well and add nuts - finish mixing and put in a greased loaf pan for about 1 hour at 325F. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan= when cool you can slice and freeze slices for bag lunches etc- they will be thawed in time for lunch.
  • enjoy
  • huggles Meme